We LOVE and NEED our wonderful Dearborn Park International School volunteers and chaperones. When students see family and friends joining in at school, it builds on a positive school climate and culture in so many ways.
Please join us in our school, lunchroom, classrooms, library on projects, at events, on field trips, and show your support.
Ongoing volunteering is always welcomed, but so is the occasional volunteering when you find time to pitch in.
Please check out our Volunteer Handbook to read more about what volunteering means here at D.P.I.S.
Scroll down for more information, or jump to a section on this page using the links below
What Dearborn Park Volunteers Do
We have projects for everyone; and for all English speaking levels and skills. We have many opportunities, and ongoing volunteering is welcome!
Here are just a few examples of volunteer opportunities:
- We REALLY need a volunteer to help with crossing guard duty to relieve Ms. Lam!
- Volunteers with Mandarin Chinese and Spanish skills
- reading with students
- art projects
- classroom events
- organization of supplies, classroom materials, books, etc
- chaperoning field trips
- Before school programs
- assisting with small morning homework help group for our bilingual students.
- After school programs
- Assisting in Ms. Johnston's Homework Club
- Assisting in Mr. Adams' S.C.A.T.S.
- Lunchroom support
- breakfast supervision
- lunch supervision
- Recess supervision
- Library including new book prep, re-shelving, book fairs, special projects and displays
- and much, much more!